Tutor – English and Maths
Apex Skills Training is private training organisation based in East London. The company has been founded to help improve the lives of individuals who wish to develop their learning as far as they can go and to build careers they truly want.
Apex Skills Training specialised in delivering various ESFA and AEB funded qualification. Currently we are delivering Functional Skills English and Maths to large number of Learners across London.
The English and Maths Tutor will be developing and delivering Functional English and Maths from Entry 1 to Level 2.
The tutor is one of the key interfaces between the company and the learners. It’s crucial to being successful that this individual possesses not only a nurturing personality but the intelligence and passion to deliver learning in a way that the learners will enjoy and want to come back for again and again.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
What do we expect you to do and lead?
The following is a list of the common tasks and responsibilities that the tutor will be required to undertake:
- Carry out and record initial assessments on all new learners.
- Manage the delivery of functional skills within your allocated programme.
- Ensure that learners take part in a programme of study for English & Maths FS (functional skills) that enables them to achieve progression during their time with us.
- Enrol and register all exams with Awarding Organisations and ensure the exam policies and procedures are undertaken at our centres.
- Ensure all speaking & listening exams are carried out to a high standard as well as completing and recording the required audit trail for all learners.
- Constructively identify, assess and handle barrier to learning.
- Work with the Curriculum Manager to design and implement a programme of study for English & Maths Functional Skills across all levels. In particular creating a bank of resources and lesson plans on the designated systems.
- Ensure that we achieve the target success rates for delivery, completion and passing of examinations.
- Continuously review, assess and improve the English & Maths study programmes.
- Ensure full compliance with all company policies and standards including reviews carried out by external assessment.
- Any other tasks or responsibilities that may be deemed necessary or appropriate to the role.
- Constant improvement to material.
Requirements & Experience
What do you need to bring to this role?
- Degree in English or Maths or Any other Field
- Minimum 2:2 in Degree Level
- Min Grade B GCSE in Maths & English.
- Good knowledge of learning styles and teaching theories.
- Ability to adapt delivery according to learner abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Teaching Qualification – Minimum Level 3 Certificate in Education & Training or Above
- Good understanding of different learning styles and teaching theories.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £15.00 to £20.00 /hour