Overview of Qualification
The NCFE Functional Skills qualification in Mathematics at Level 2 is an ideal qualification for learners wishing to develop practical, transferable skills in Mathematics in order to work confidently, effectively and independently in life. It is suitable for a wide range of individuals and is fundamental to the successful completion of various wider qualifications and frameworks, such as Apprenticeships.
- This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who want to develop practical and transferable skills in Mathematics.
- There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
- This qualification is suitable for learners aged pre-16 and above, although it is recommended that learners should be aged at least 14.
- Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Functional Skills qualifications in English
- NCFE Functional Skills qualifications in Information and
- Communication Technology
- Level 3 Core Maths qualifications
How the qualification is assessed
Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in a qualification.
- Each candidate is required to undertake an externally set and assessed task-based question paper.
- Questions are set and assessed by NCFE. The paper assesses candidates’ knowledge and skills, covering each of the process skills and a selection of the skills sub-sections of the Functional Skills Mathematics standards at Level 2
- The assessment is administered by centre staff under examination conditions and will last for 2 hours. This includes candidate reading time.
- Certificates are issued automatically after successful completion of the external assessment.
- This includes registration, assessment and certification
Level: NQF Level 2
Awarding Organisation: NCFE
Assessment: Mandatory task-based external exam