About the qualification
The NCFE Functional Skills qualification in English at Entry Level 2 is listed on the Ofqual Register of Regulated Qualifications, and is part of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). The qualification focuses on the development of effective communication skills. The qualification encourages learners to demonstrate their skills in speaking, listening and communication, reading and writing in a range of contexts and for various purposes. Suitable for a wide range of individuals and are fundamental to the successful completion of various wider qualifications and frameworks, such as Foundation Learning.
Aims and objectives of the qualification
The qualification aims to allow learners to work confidently, effectively and independently in life by developing practical skills in English which can be transferred across situations and contexts. The objectives of the qualifications are to help learners to:
- apply their knowledge and understanding to everyday life
- engage competently and confidently with others
- solve problems in both familiar and unfamiliar situations
- develop personally and professionally as positive citizens who can actively contribute to society.
Achieving the qualification
The qualification consists of 3 mandatory components:
- component 1 Speaking, Listening and Communication
- component 2 Reading
- component 3 Writing
To be awarded the NCFE Functional Skills qualification in English at Entry Level 2 learners are required to successfully complete all 3 mandatory components by achieving their task-based assessments. Component credits will not be awarded. Grades are not awarded, and the 3 components are weighted equally
The qualification skills standards each learner must meet in order to successfully complete these qualifications are available from the gov.uk website. Learners who aren’t successful can resubmit work within the registration period; however, a charge may apply.
Progression opportunities Learners who achieve these qualifications could progress to:
- NCFE Functional Skills qualification in English at Entry Level 3
- NCFE Functional Skills qualifications in Mathematics at Entry Level 2, 3
- NCFE Functional Skills qualifications in Information and Communication Technology at Entry Level 2, 3
Who is this course for?
The NCFE Functional Skills qualification in English at Entry Level 2 is an ideal qualification for candidates wishing to develop practical, transferable skills in English in order to work confidently, effectively and independently in life.
An initial assessment is required in order to determine candidates level.
Price : £500
Awarded by: NCFE